Thursday, May 20, 2010

Etsy Love: Perching at Home

I'm a reader of Parking at Home, and I saw she had an Etsy shop called Perching at Home, and I like Etsy shops so I clicked through. I saw the burp cloths:


I wished I had a baby to test-drive them, because they're EXACTLY the kind of thing I would have wanted when I had spitty babies, and they're so cute, and it's so fun to custom-choose the vinyl and terry combination. So I ordered a set of two for a friend of mine who has a baby, and said they are IDEAL for the kind of baby who goes along acting all innocent and then burps up a quart. The terry side soaks it up, and the vinyl side keeps it from getting to your clothes while the terry is working.

When I bought the two burp cloths for my friend, I chose the colors I thought would be most to HER tastes: navy polka-dot with white terry, and red polka-dot with green terry (I think she would have preferred the white terry on the red polka-dot one, actually, but I preferred the green so I guess it was a COMPROMISE). That was fun, but I'd rather choose two to MY tastes. So! Here is the giveaway deal: Leave a comment on this post saying which two vinyl/terry combinations YOU would choose.


The person whose choices are most similar to what I'D want to order, I'll buy you YOUR two choices. United States mailing addresses only on this, because I'm going to have them shipped to you directly from the seller---but if you're non-U.S. and know someone to have me send them to in the U.S., that would work too!

I'll choose the winner on Thursday, May 27.

Edit! Parking at Home says: "Allow me to sweeten the deal: Anyone who orders teething rails or bumpers can get two free burp cloths if they mention they're from swistle."

!!!

18 comments:

Amanda said...

Navy polka w/ green terry and Navy polka w/pink terry

Sahara said...

Aqua polka w/blue terry and yellow polka w/white. Or red with white...ooh, too many combinations (such a happy problem!).

Jess said...

Yellow polka dots with purple terry (duh) and navy polka dots with light blue terry. Gorgeous!

Mimi said...

I wish my babies were still in the spitty stage so I could have ordered a load of these... they look awesome.
My faves are the pink terry w/ yellow polka dots and the orange terry w/ yellow polka dots.

Laura Lou said...

I'd do yellow polka dots with light blue terry and red polka dots with the purple terry. These look awesomely wonderful!

#6 on the Threatdown said...

Well, with a baby on the way and a vivid memory of my son's own spontaneous stomach evacuation habits, this sounds very appealing. Yay giveaways :)

My combo faves would have to be the white terry w/green hatch grass vinyl and the dark brown terry with the light blue polka dots.

Juliette said...

Yellow polka with purple terry and
Aqua print with lime terry. Luscious!

parkingathome said...

Allow me to sweeten the deal:

Anyone who orders teething rails or bumpers can get two free burp cloths if they mention they're from swistle.

Emily said...

Red polka dots with white terry and dark blue polka dots with orange terry.

Swistle said...

Parkingathome- Sah. WEET!!

Brenna said...

The multicolored stripety one with green terry and the pinky floral with orange terry. These are so cute!

Babies on the brain. said...

Yellow polka dots w/ orange and blue dots w/ pink .:D

Misty said...

Red dots, purple terry; yellow dots, green terry.

Diane said...

ooohh red polka with pink terry and light blue polka with green terry. I love all these colors!

Mommy Daisy said...

Yellow polka dots with orange terry
AND
Dark blue polka dots with light blue terry.

Barb @ getupandplay said...

I fear this will not match and I won't win. :( But, I will choose the yellow polka with yellow terry and the navy polka with the navy terry. I'm pretty boring- I like really simple!

Bethtastic said...

The stripety with orange terry, and the orangey floral with pink terry. :D

Erin H said...

Oooo I could so use these! I really like the yellow polka dots with white terry and the pretty blue flowery one with the lime green terry.